Monday, January 18, 2016

SIA: PSA



Aspens, Northern New Mexico, by Ansel Adams
1958, gelatin silver print

2016 is the centennial of the National Park Service, and I've thought so much about our public lands over the last few months. I'm lucky to have been able to visit a number of our national parks over my lifetime (Shenandoah was my first, and Congaree--one of the least visited NPs in America--is in my state and I go every year!), and my friend S. has made a life goal of visiting every national park in America. I'm running a half marathon (!) at a national park in September, god willing and the creek don't rise. And this year's summer reading theme at work is based around the national parks, to tie into the centennial celebration. When I think of the national parks, and what beauty they hold and how they look...well, no one's ever captured it better than Ansel Adams. This week's SIA inspiration is one of his photographs, taken of aspen trees in northern New Mexico (you probably already gleaned that from the title of the photograph). If you don't know who Ansel Adams is, it's impossible for me to adequately explain who he was and the kind of influence he had on the state of American photography, but do check out the Google image search results for him. That should help.

Please email me your photos of outfits inspired by this week's SIA by Monday, January 25th. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment